Monday, September 28, 2015

Getting Inspired by artwork

I have entered this challenge before, and somehow I keep making it a goal but I don't often achieve it! So this month I decided I really needed to, and I got really inspired by the muted color palette and organic shapes in the artwork. Here is the palette I made from the art:

I used Souffle clay in Key Lime for the base, which would provide a nice matte surface to play against the foiled clay I appliquéd on top. I also used a dye ink pad and my metal stamp tools to create background texture and color in the dark green prior to laying on the foiled pieces of clay.

I foiled my clay with Jones Tones and Lisa Pavelka foils- using Premo Bronze as the base clay color so that it would be a nice dark "antique" brown where ever it peeks through the foil.

Then I raided my *extensive* bead stash for some natural and glass beads that would go with my theme, and finally used Art Wire in Gunmetal (which is actually an antique gold color) to create a bead linked chain. www.createalong.com

This is the result!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...