Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Polymer Clay Journal Cover Cherry Blossoms


I love the look of delicate cherry blossoms. I am not a girly girl but something about these flowers always brings a smile to my face. They are often associated with Oriental art too. I was inspired to create some journal covers after finding some inexpensive Moleskin journals that were a little plain for my taste. I knew they would look better embellished with polymer clay of course! So come create along with me as I make a cherry blossom polymer clay journal cover featuring a silkscreen stencil, cane work, molding and more! Don't forget to subscribe so you don't miss a thing. You can find the supplies in our shop at http://www.createalong.com



As you see I created 2 different versions and colors so you can customize it to your liking. I decided to just add a wisp of acrylic paint to the petals of the flowers with a small tipped paint brush for a finishing touch. I baked them and when they came out of the oven I laid them flat and made sure they stayed that way while they cooled.You can put a heavy book or something on top of them while they cool if you want. It was a fun project and now I have 2 journal covers for my journals. Gotta get writing!





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...